Monday, September 21, 2015

Make Your Scarf Jewelry Interchangeable!

Next to our new Snap Decisions Collection, our scarf jewelry is still a popular selling items at shows.  Since publishing my tutorial, Constructing Accent Pieces for Your Scarves, Sweaters & Shawls, we discovered a special clip finding that could make our designs interchangeable.  And now with our snap base pendants, we can combine the two making them even more versatile!





This scarf necklace is one of my favorites -- We filled the metal scarf bail from behind with clay and then added color with mica powders.  The Swarovski crystal was added later with Apoxy clay.  To create the matching clay beads in the cascade, I made my own texture stamps from the metal bail (see page 45 of my tutorial).


Using the special clip type clasp, the bead cascade can be removed and interchanged with any of our "snap" base pendants for a different look.





We now have a supply of these special clips available in our new online store along with other supplies that are hard to find and used in our tutorials.  Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you don't miss out on any specials or promotions.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Just gorgeous!

~ Rebecca said...

How can I buy one like the blue scarf necklace? I Love it!