Thursday, March 12, 2015

Organized Jewelry

I sometimes feel I have the best "job" in the world and at times at the end of the day I feel I played more than I actually "worked".   I also get to wear a lot of jewelry that I custom make for myself to coordinate with my clothing.  Every time I wear something we created I look at it as a form of "advertising" when people notice it and ask me where I got it.

Over the years, I have accumulated a fairly large collection of jewelry pieces that we have made and I thought I would share with you how I have some of it organized.  Since all my earring beads are "interchangeable", I can keep all my sterling silver and gold-filled ear wires safely packed in my container handy to add to any of my earring beads that I want to wear.  The case is also handy for storing some earring beads when travelling.


I needed a way to hang my earring beads and found these Christmas ornament hangers on sale.  Of course I could have made my own hooks but these were handier.


This is a large cork memo board that I covered with fabric and hung in the bedroom.  The rod below it has shower curtain rings that hold my scarves and scarf necklaces.


I use push pins to hang some of my necklaces on the left and my bracelets along the top.  The earring beads are on the hooks I showed above and hung on two 20 inch lengths of chain.  The bottom row are my brooch/pendants hung on the same hooks.


I love having most of my jewelry pieces hung up like this so they are easy to see and coordinate with what I am wearing.  Sometimes I am in a rush and don't have time to spend rummaging through everything to find just the right thing.

No comments: