Friday, July 12, 2013

Leaf Jewelry Dishes

One day while I was making our gigantic leaf buttons I happened to cut a cane slice a little too thick which made my leaf a little larger than I wanted.  A thought then occurred to me that perhaps I could make it even larger to create a decorative dish. I was quite excited with the results and immediately made some more.

These will be for sale at the gift shop in the Shuswap Lake Fesitval of the Arts that opens to the public tomorrow.





Dave and I will be attending the artists' reception tonight and then return there again in the morning as Dave will be doing a volunteer shift in the gift shop while I do a live demo at the juried part of the show upstairs.  Each artist that participates must take at least one shift to help out during the 8 days.  We always look forward to working with the other fellow artists and renewing friendships again.

No comments: