Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pantone Fall 2012 Color Recipes - Bright Chartreuse and Olympian Blue

Fall is right around the corner so it is time I finally share some of the new Pantone Fall 2012 clay color recipes with you.  If you are new to following our blog, I have written a color tutorial, Carolyn's Clay Color System, for those who would like to learn more about mixing and combining colors.  I have included more than 50 color recipes using Kato polyclay to get you started.  Some of those recipes are what I call my "base mixes" that I use to create more colors from.

It is exciting to mix up and create new colors but I sometimes tend to fall into a trap of using my favorite ones over and over.  One of the reasons I like to follow the Pantone Fashion report is that I am always up to date in my latest jewelry designs and it also inspires me to create new colors combined in different ways.  If you would like to check out my color recipes from the spring of this year you can find all of them here.


Tangerine Tango is included as one of the fall colors as it was established as the color of the year.  You will find the recipe for this color using Kato clay in a previous blog post here.  I have included two variations of this shade, one of which has more pearl and works well in a mica shift technique.

Since I am a little behind in my posting I decided to share two color recipes with you today:

  

Bright Chartreuse
20 x Kato yellow
1 x Kato green
1/2 x Kato gold

Olympian Blue
8 x Kato Ultra Blue
1/2 x Kato Black

And here are some beads I made using my "Mini Mokume" technique in this color combination with the white base mix (recipe # 1-2).  (Note:  Both the mini mokume technique and white base mix color recipe are found in my clay color system tutorial)


*** Also one more note regarding my Clay Color System.  I have been working madly to recreate my color recipes so you can easily print them out directly onto 4" x 6" index cards.  I should have them ready in the next day or so and will sell them separately from my clay color system.  If anyone has already purchased my Clay Color System tutorial in the past and would like these recipes to print out in this format, please e-mail me direct with the information as to where you purchased my tutorial from (an invoice # or approximate date would be helpful) and I will send them to you at no charge.


No comments: