Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More Quilt Block Inspired Pieces

These pieces are two variations of the same quilt block pattern made into brooch - pendants.  I like to make earrings to coordinate and will be working on other pieces as well once I get my technique and style more established.

I am still experimenting with different textures, colors and block pattern combinations.  I find when I create this type of work I have to totally clear my work space and focus only on quilts blocks and combining my extruded shapes.  I generally find myself spending a day or two at a time working on a particular technique before I clear everything away and switch to something different.


4 comments:

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

Oh my heck! They look like itty bitty pot holders! How freakin adorable!!!

2 Good Claymates said...

Hey they do kind of look like mini pot holders don't they? ha ha! I never thought of that until you mentioned it! lol!

Siret said...

I love these! Great idea and good work :)

Anonymous said...

I have always loved these diminutive quilt blocks (and, speaking as a reluctant quilter, a little less trouble than the fabric kind). Yours are awesome!