Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Start for the New Year

January seems to be the month to get organized.  I got a head start by tidying up and reorganizing our studio these past few days.  It always feels so good to work in a space where everything is back into place and you can actually find stuff!  I took a few pictures of my work space as it might not look that clean again for a long time!






We had these trays we bought from a bead store some time ago to store beads in a drawer and decided to use them for my canes instead.  They fit perfectly in my Ikea table with the glass top and I love how I can see my canes clearly at a glance.  I have even more canes which are stored in these containers here ....



This old book shelf fits nicely on my clay table.  My clay supply is getting a little low as the shelf is usually crammed full so I will need to order more real soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I aspire to be as organized as you are. Getting started on it tomorrow. I will take before and after photos of course, but the after photos might take awhile, lmao.
Take care and Happy New Year Carylon.
Shelley Poole

Cara Jane said...

Wishing you a very happy, organised and creative 2012! Wow must tidy up my mess. not sure it will ever look as neat as yours though. Great way to start the year. Cara

2 Good Claymates said...

Happy new year to you Shelley! Have fun organizing!

Ronnie said...

I only wish I could get a space to be that organized. Even for a day! I would take tones of photos, LOL! Thanks for sharing. I can see the key is to purchase storage containers.