Monday, August 8, 2011

Ready for the Summer Games with some New Art Jewelry Pieces

We delivered our jewelry last Thursday for the Nightly Arts Festival and sale at the Kamloops Western Canada Summer Games.  There are 29 local artists represented with several demonstrations each evening.  I demoed my millefiori and bead making last night and had a fun time.

This is a spliced cane I made during my demo in a favorite color combination of grape (#10-4) and lagoon (#8-3).    I plan to use this cane to make some sculpted floral buttons, shawl pins and rings...


Our jewelry inventory was a little depleted after selling at the Shuswap Lake Festival of the Arts so we made some new pieces just for this show.  These are an amalgamation of several Mokume Gane techniques in some bright summer colors.



1 comment:

Cara Jane said...

love those bright colours!