Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seashells

Our buttons are now available for sale at Di-Versity Quilting Supplies in Pritchard.  It is a real priviledge to work with the owner and world renowned quilter, Dianne Jansson in creating specialty buttons to coordinate with her quilting projects and classes.


I finished some sets of assorted seashell buttons for a beach-themed class she will be teaching soon.  These were fun to make and I can not only picture these on a quilt but also on a sweater or jacket.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those buttons look great and I really like the glaze you used on them. Beautiful. Connie :)

earthlyjewels said...

Really pretty! Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Would it be impertinent to ask how you made them, especially the look? They would make great beads for jewelry.

2 Good Claymates said...

No problem Christy, I made these using moulds. Some of the moulds were purchased and others I made myself. I used mica powder pigments to give them their pearlescent colors and then sealed them so they won't come off.