Thursday, November 18, 2010

My New Pasta Machine

I received my new pasta machine the other day and couldn't wait to try it out!  It is an Atlas 180 but is different!


The new Atlas pasta machines are now made with plastic scraper blades which I found react in a negative way with the polymers in the clay and were a real pain to keep clean.  Mona Kissel, another polymer clay artist, sells the Atlas pasta machines that have been modified.  They not only replace the plastic blades with metal ones but they make the blades removable for easy cleaning!


I find it very user friendly and a so nice to work with now.  I can be working with black or dark clays and within minutes, clean my blades, snap them back in to place and start working with white clay and no more messy streaks!  Just nice clean whites!

According to their website, if you already have an Atlas 150 or 180 pasta machine, you can send your machine into them and they will actually modify it for you!  I can't be without my machine for any length of time so I ordered a brand new one and plan to send my older one in later to have modified so I will have a spare.  This turned out to be the best (economical) solution for me.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Looks nice Carolyn. Do you use a motor on your's? The Atlas I have now my motor won't fit on it. I want to order me a new one but I don't know whether to get one with the motor or take the chance my motor will fit it.

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Carolyn, I've had my machine from Mona for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it. I want to get a couple more before they run out. LOL