Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall & Winter

The weather is still pretty warm and I don't want summer to end but I need to plan for the winter and festive season ahead. I love plaids and apparently they are in fashion this winter so I've been experimenting with imitating this warm and cozy fabric with my clay.

    

    

For these earrings and pendant necklace I used a type of marbling technique and then inlaid my red and green strips. I gave the reverse sides a different look by texturing and then highlighting with metallic mica powders. I think they almost look like Christmas tree ornaments.

Next time I will share with you another plaid I created .....

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

What a beautiful set! I love it that it is reversible. Makes it so much more versatile that way!